Monday, January 4, 2010

Inevitable Change

Change! Poeple are, for the most part, afraid of change. I don't mean the changes in getting a new home or a new car, but the changes in life like: jobs, church, relationships, etc. The changes that have significant impact on our lives and the lives of others in many cases. I for one had a life of partying and fun that I didn't want to change, at least in that period of time. I wanted to live in that moment forever. Like the Toys R Us song, I don't wanna grow up,I'm a toys r us kid. Then I had some life changing moments that led to me giving my life to Jesus Christ. Many new Christ followers ask the same question, "Does this mean I will have to change now"? Here is your answer. No, you do not have to change. On the contrary, if you surrender and give your life to Jesus, YOU WILL CHANGE! You will become a new creation, and this leads me to my favorite scripture in the Bible. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come" 2 Corinthians 5:17. Let this be our prayer, whether it is for us or for someone we know........ Father, we ask that you bring change into our lives and the lives of others so that we may shine the light you have flowing through our bodies. In the dark, even the smallest light will shine. We pray that we are able to take the bad from our life and turn them to good. In Jesus name we pray father, Amen!

10 comments:

  1. if you have any requests for a certain type of blog, please, feel free to make the request and i will do my best to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read more. You are a great father, husband and friend. =) Love you Der!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, looking foward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristina, thank you soooo much for you support. You and Mikey are like best friends to me and I love having the two of you in my life. P.S. I just got photoshop so watch out!!!!!

    Catrina, thank you for giving me the courage to do such things by givinh me confidence in things I have said in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Derek, Your words were very healing in a rough part of my life and I thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Write on, Brother. Love you, man, and I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was awesome derek very powerful and encouraging as usual...keep it up and keep allowing God to use you buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though we are but a poor reflection now we will be as though a reflection in a glass, looking like Jesus. We will change as we are being changed, and as we are being changed we choose change. Someone once said the impetus of the Christian life is to focus on the glory of God. If one can keep that as a singular focus, everything else seems to go unmissed, and fall into place--moving with the changes God makes.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. David, I would love to spend 24 hours with you and just pick your brain! I am also using your influence on one of my upcoming blogs.

    ReplyDelete